Monday, September 26, 2005

How I'm livin'

Editor's note: Invisotext ON!
Hey gang. I know it's been a while since I rapped at ya, but I've been really busy. We had a huge party/consolidation drill at my apartment complete with trivial pursuit peace corps conference calls, drinking games, and sexy sexy dancers. I had to leave for a week long business training trip in Tariat, but the others from my aimag stayed behind to drink heavily and contemplate the three peace corp goals. I didn't have much to contribute to the training, because my Mongolian hasn't reached the economist level. The curriculum was really comprehensive though and RASP brought in trainers from UB who have a lot of experience. We got to visit a national park and see a volcano, a bunch of caves, and white lake which has really cool. It was better because I had forgotten about the volcano and just thought we here climbing a hill. It took me a while to figure out what the big round cliff was. I'll post some pics in a gallery.

After getting back from Tariat, I got to go around with this consultant from Australia who was advising our clients. It was his second time here so he could tell me how they had changed. The meetings took up the whole weekend, but now I have more first hand knwoledge. One of our new clients will be the local dairy and meat market which is a hellhole and has some problems. I think that will become a long term project.

I'll post some pics of my apartment which have only been slightly photoshopped in another gallery.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I just pissed myself lauging at this. Seriously - there is a huge puddle of my own urine beneath my desk now and it's only 8:30am. I'll have to sit here, laughing in my own fluid for another eight hours.

Thanks.