Sunday, October 23, 2005

Turn the page

I just got back from another long trip and after being on the road for a week I can understand ow Bob Seeger felt, minus the groupies and song writing of course. We went to seven soums in six days and all the trainingins were conducted in gers. I didn't get much of an introduction to the students, but afterwards they all wanted to see is I would vodka. This isn't regularvodka, mind you, it's vodka made from milk. In fact, they have a wide variety of products all made from milk, curd, or whey all of which I managed to sample on the trip. They were all pleased to see that I would try each of them. I didn't have to speak much, but I did sing the one Mongolian song I know. I have to learn some more before the holidays.

I might have a big trip to UB and one of the Gobi offices coming up before Thanksgiving. That would be good, because it wouldn't come out of my leave days and I didn't think I'd get to see te Gobi at all. I'll still be in UB for Thanksgiving and Christmas too. In other news, a blurb about the Ambassodor's visit to my office last month made it into the quarterly report to the USDA, which funds my program. Also, I'm finally working on a new business plan after just reading plans and reports. It's for the dairy market I wrote about earlier. I translated financial section and did a spreadsheet for it. I might get to meet with them again and work make some comments this week.

In honor of my last trip, and because I didn't take many pictures, I uploaded all my pics from the last trip to Tariat in this gallery. Click on the collage to access the gallery.

1 comment:

Amazing Ben said...

Very nice.

What's milk vodka like?