Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hands Down

What an amazing trip! After I finished work on Thursday I went over to our country director`s house to catch the last of Thanksgiving dinner. I managed to get a turkey wing, some veggies, and pie. Then we went to a party at a volunteer`s apartment nearby, then to kareoke, then to a club. It was a preivew of what IST (in service training) will be like in three weeks when 40+ volunteers from my group are all together for the first time since training. IST is being held at a resort outside UB then most of us will go into town to celebrate Christmas. There`s bound to be plenty of foreigners to talk to again. I`ll have to pace myself this time. Combined with the bad air in the city my throat was soar from talking to British people about British politics and an Israeli guy about Israeli politics. Hopefully there are some Canadians there next time.

I noticed one more contrast in UB that I forgot to mention in my last post. Check this out.


Yes, that is the Grand Khan Irish Pub where I enjoyed breakfast with my Irish VSO friend Lorraine. I suggested it was like naming a Mongolian restaurant after Brian Boru.

No comments: