Thursday, August 17, 2006

Home Sweet Home

The main catalog is done, but won't be printed until after the aimag level ones are finished. We will be distributing those at aimag trade fairs being held in the next month. The one here in Arkahngai is September 15-16. I was figuring out little quirks in PageMaker right up until we sent the files to the printer, but I guess that's the best way to learn. There's been a good repsonse so far. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm back in Arkhangai now a day earlier than I expected. There was a Mercy Corps Land Cruiser headed this way with and empty seat and you don't pass up a chance like that. It's a matter of 10 hours on a bus and 7 in air conditioned comfort. It'll be quiet here until new volunteers and my site mates arrive on Sunday or Monday. I think I made the right decision by not going to swearing in. Nasaa is going to the city for a week on Monday, so I would have just missed her. Plus, I'm looking to save some money after spending 3 out of the past 4 weeks in UB.

As promised, I posted galleries from my trips to Beijing and Hovd. Here are some samples to click on for links to the Flickr galleries.










That's all for now. It's good to be home.

No comments: