Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pardon Our Dust

As you can see, I switched to a new blog template as part of an upgrade to Blogger Beta. There are a few new features that make finding old posts and adding links eaier. And I even like the color. The link list is now on the left and I've added links to my mailing address, Flickr photo page, and Amazon wishlist (my birthday is on September 10th) plus some political blogs and sites I read. Hope you like the redesign.

In other news, my office just got full time high speed internet. Add that to my free hot water heater and having Fairfield nearby, and I have it pretty good. I am so, so spoiled. Work has been slow this week, but that's ok. I was putting in 12 hours days trying to get the catalog finished and traveling a lot. Now the first ones are being printed and we're planning other trips to make more catalogs for RASP clients. The whole office is going to drive over the mountains to Zavkhan for their trade fair next month. I'll probably go on my own later to work with clients. I've been looking all year for something special that I could contribute to Mongolia and I finally found it. All those years assisting my dad on photo shoots and hanging out at ad agencies really paid off. The free lunch and movies didn't hurt either.

Not going to swearing in proved productive. Nasaa and I took a car out to visit Michael in Ih Tamir. His school director (who he lives next t0) also owns a ger camp so they moved him out there for the summer. We hung out and got to see this big rock called Tiger Choloo. It's just sitting in the middle a field. I blame aliens, aliens or a glacier. Check out the Ih Tamir set on my flickr page. Also check out the Ming Wax Museum that was part of our Great Wall tour. All the sets are lined up on the right and the newest photos are in the middle.

There are a few people visiting Arkhangai for vacation and the new volunteers get here today. It should be a fun week.

4 comments:

Amazing Ben said...

New site design looks good John.

BTW -- Chairman Mao once said that you weren't a "real man" until you walked on the Great Wall. According to that logic, you and I are the only real men I know!

Alex said...

I agree - the new site is awesome. I disagree about the walking on the wall makes you a man. Everyone knows you're not a man until you drink the blood of a shark you've killed with your own bare hands. Then you've got the soul of a shark inside you, and if you got a double breasted suit, then you'd automatically pass the bar and become a lawyer.

Amazing Ben said...

Touche.
Hard to argue with that reasoning.

Janetkin said...

ITS DAD.
Can see you are on your way. Interior shoots did pay off. I cant walk after 2 weeks here in Argentina. 2 bottles of wine and a few Reserva San Juans plus a slab of cow weighs you down.
Beleive it or not but we are speaking spanish already. Adios hijos.
Dad